December 11, 2011 by Flora Dawn
If you are looking for a quick and easy holiday candy, this Cranberry Pistachio Bark recipe might be just what you need.
With cranberries and pistachios, I think this bark is very festive and quite tasty. Personally, I love the sweetness of the white chocolate paired with the slightly salty pistachios, but you could use unsalted pistachios if you prefer.
With only a few ingredients, quality ingredients are the key. I am not typically a fan of melting wafers, almond bark, etc for candy making, however I do love Guittard Chocolate Wafers (and Guittard products are all gluten-free). These wafers are designed for melting and melt so much easier and smoother than typical chocolate chips.
I am able to find the Guittard chocolate and white chocolate wafers in the bulk section of one of my local stores (WinCo) for significantly less than suggested retail. So it might be worth checking any stores in your area that carry bulk foods.
Cranberry Pistachio Bark
If you use white chocolate baking chips in place of the wafers, be sure to add a tablespoon or more of shortening or oil before melting, so the chocolate will melt smoothly.
- 1 pound white chocolate melting wafers
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups shelled pistachios (I used roasted, salted pistachios)
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper, parchment, or a silicone mat.
- In a microwave-proof bowl, microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring as needed, until melted and smooth.
- Add 1 cup of cranberries and 1 cup of pistachios to the chocolate and stir until combined. Pour onto prepared pan, spreading with spatula or knife; top with remaining cranberries and pistachios.
- Refrigerate or freeze until firm, about 20 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces before serving.