January 27, 2011 by Flora Dawn
Football and party dips, they seem to go hand-in-hand this time of year. So, I decided to share a tasty dip recipe today. I think it’s bit classier than the usual processed cheese and salsa recipes floating around 🙂
This dip is inspired by a Southern Living recipe. And in true Southern Living fashion, this dip is high in flavor and high in fat. With mayo, sour cream, and bacon it’s not going to make any heart-healthy list, but it will most likely be a hit at your next party!
This dip is served on Belgian endive leaves, which serves as the “lettuce.” It’s a really delicious combination and my kids like to call them BLT Boats. Even if you aren’t a fan of endive, this dip is still really delicious and can be served with tortilla chips or crackers. If you are up for it, making your own baked tortilla chips is super easy.
If you want to make this dip a bit healthier, you could use low fat mayo and sour cream.
- 10 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (I like to use grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 TB chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- dash of garlic powder or garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Belgian endive leaves, crackers, or chips for serving
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the bacon, tomatoes, mayo, sour cream, parsley, and garlic powder. Taste, salt and pepper if needed. Cover and refrigerate for one hour or until chilled thoroughly. Serve with endive leaves .