December 10, 2010 by Flora Dawn
Fudge is definitely a holiday tradition at my house. In fact, my teenage daughter was trying to convince me to make 12 Days of Fudge this year. I didn’t really think we needed quite that much fudge, however; so we are just making a few of our favorites.
After trying numerous recipes for peanut butter fudge, this adaptation is definitely the winner. If you like peanut butter, you’ll probably enjoy this fudge. It is a simple recipe, requiring no candy thermometer. However, the result is a smooth, creamy, and rich treat! And it’s perfect for sharing with family and friends.
Happy Gluten Free Baking!
Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Line an 8×8 square dish with foil.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Bring to boil and boil for 2 minutes (set a timer), stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer). Using a hand mixer or your stand mixer beat in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Pour into prepared dish and refrigerate until firm.
- Holding onto the foil, life fudge from pan and place on cutting board; cut into small squares.