December 9, 2010 by Flora Dawn
I love holiday baking. It’s a great excuse to spend a day (or two) baking. This week my mom and sister came over and we baked a lot of our favorites and a couple new things. Over the next week or so I’ll be sharing the best recipes.
One of my all-time favorite holiday treats is Peppermint Bark. I make it every year. It is so delicious and with only two ingredients, it is one of the easiest candies you could ever make.
I love the combination of white chocolate and peppermint. And not only is it tasty and easy, but it is pretty too, making it a great choice to share with friends and family. Personally, I think food is the best holiday gift!
Always make sure and read the ingredients, but most white chocolate and peppermint candies I have seen are gluten free.
I typically use white chocolate chips, but a high-quality baking chocolate would make these extra special. You could also use the green mint candies if you prefer.
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes or hard peppermint candies (I place candies in a plastic bag and place it on a cutting board; then smash the candies by hitting with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, waxed paper, or a silicone mat.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring often, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in crushed candy and spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet to desired thickness. Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour or until firm (you can place in the freezer for about 15 minutes if in a hurry). Break into pieces and store in airtight container.