November 27, 2010 by Flora Dawn
I am always on the lookout for family-friendly beverages for the holidays. When having family and friends over, I find that it is easiest to have one drink the whole crowd can enjoy.
Making a punch is a great solution, however I not particularly fond of the sherbet based ones. I prefer a fruit juice punch with a little soda for the bubbles. And of course, with kids in mind it has to be non-alcoholic, and being the holiday season, not too tropical in flavor. That’s a lot to ask for in one drink!
This Orchard Punch recipe is great! It has lot of fruit flavor, but because of the ginger ale and cranberry juice, it isn’t too sweet. Kids and adults alike seem to love it. It’s simple, delicious and pretty, making it a great choice for holiday entertaining.
I would use these amounts as suggestions; honestly, a little more or less of one juice still works beautifully.
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen apple juice, prepared as directed
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen cranberry juice concentrate
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 liters ginger ale
- cranberries and apple or orange slices for garnish if desired
- In a large punch bowl, combine the juices and stir until dissolved. Slowly add the ginger ale and stir to combine.
- Float cranberries, apple and/or orange slices on top if desired.